- The so-called “Donetsk People’s Republic” has declared activities of the Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) to be illegal, and is demanding that representatives of the Mission leave the territory of the so-called republic by April 30.The “order” states that the presence of the OSCE SMM is deemed undesirable.
Source: “order” of the State Defence Committee of the “Donetsk People’s Republic”
- On Sunday, the Russians shelled almost the entire town of Sievierodonetsk. Two high-rise apartment buildings in a new neighbourhood in Sievierodonetsk in the Luhansk region, as well as a secondary school building, came under intense fire from the Russian army in the morning of 10 April. Two elderly people have been rescued. All apartments from ground to the fourth floor have been burned down at one of the entrances. Firefighters contained the blaze and evacuated two locals, both in their eighties, who still remained in this building which had already been hit several times.
- The Ukrainian military destroyed a column of Russian forces marching toward the city of Izium in the Kharkiv region.
- 10 civilians were killed in Russian shelling in the Kharkiv region on Sunday, including 1 child; 11 more were injured.
- On 10 April Russian troops fired missile strikes on Dnipro once again hitting an infrastructure facility and the city airport. The number of victims is unknown.
- Russians captured Ukrainian writer Volodymyr Vakulenko in the city of Izium in the Kharkiv region. His son was captured as well, said his former wife Iryna Novytska.
- Two people died and four people were wounded as a result of Russian shelling in the Donetsk region.
- Ukrainian defenders destroyed an ammunition depot of Russian troops near occupied Novoydar in the Luhansk region.