On May 4, the Russians shelled Avdiivska and Maryinska. In particular,
– The Avdiivka Coke Plant came under fire two days in a row. 10 workers were killed on May 3. On May 4, one building was damaged but there is no information about the victims yet.
– The Russians bombarded Maryinka with phosphorous bombs at night.
- The Russians fired on two villages in the Dnipropetrovsk Region from Grad MRL. Dozens of houses were damaged; windows in the store, school and kindergarten were broken. There were no casualties, as most residents were evacuated.
- In the evening, the Russians were firing intensively at Mykolaiv from the “Tornado” MLRS. Gas pipes, an electric stepdown station, industrial facilities, private houses, a school were damaged; information about the victims is being clarified.
- In the city of Dnipro, a Russian cruise missile hit a railway bridge. The train movement was halted.
- The Russians carry out provocations and shelling of the border areas in the Chernihiv and Sumy Regions in northern Ukraine. The day total included about 70 mortar shots from weapons of various calibers and 24 shots from an automatic grenade launcher. There were no victims.
- The Russians launched missile strikes on Kyiv, Cherkasy and Zaporizhia. Ukrainian air defenses intercepted some of these missiles.